First day in Omnia 17.6.2018
Pop Up Restaurant day 19.5.2018
POP-UP RESTAURANTS IN ESPOO 17TH – 21TH MAY 2018
Thursday – 17/05/2018
- 12.00-12.30 welcome,
introduction to Student Pop-Up Restaurants,Entrepreneurship
- 12.30-14.00 lunch
- 14.00-16.30 workshop by Antti Tynkkynen, Fazer Culinary Team Finland:rainbow trout
- 16.30-17.00 briefing to the
event and work stations
- 17.00-18.00 inspection of
ingredients and familiarizing of the kitchens
Friday – 18/05/2018
- 9.00-9.30 welcome by the
Vice Principal Kari Mäenpää
- 9.30-10.00 check-up of the needed materials
(transport of dry materials)
- 10.00-12.00 preparation
- 12.00-13.30 lunch
- 13.30-15.00 workshop by Ossi
Paloneva and Samuli Karjula, Satokausikalenteri and Sten-Göran Enbom from Jalofoods/Oy Soya Ab
- (16.30 coffee)
- 15.00-19.30 preparation
Saturday – 19/05/2018
- 7.30-11.00 breakfast and preparation
- 11.00 transport of materials
- 11.00-11.45 lunch and transpo
- 11.45-12.00 building of work spaces
- 12.00-17.00 pop-up restaurant event
- parallel program for teachers (12.00-17.00)
- 17.00-18.30 transporting and unpacking
Sunday – 20/05/2018
- 12.00-13.00 lunch
- 13.00-15.00 workshop 1
- 15.00-15.30 coffee
- 15.30-17.30 workshop 2
Monday – 21/05/2018
- 10.30- 11.00 pic up from railway station
- 11.00- 13.00 visiting the Cruise Ship by Heikki Tuovinen/ Silja Serenade Tallik Silja line
- 13.00- 13.30 free time
- 13.30- 15.00 Helsinki tour
- 16.00-17.00 evaluation
THE POP-UP RESTAURANT DAYS RULES
The Pop-Up Restaurant day will be held in Espoo,
shopping Centre Entresse on 19th May (http://entresse.fi/). Pop-Up restaurant event will be attended by Healthy Future partners.
The main idea of this event is to integrate theculinary promotion of regional cuisine and having fun together. The Restaurant
day’s aim is to help the students gain entrepreneurial skills andcompetences. This enablesthem to gain both vocational and entrepreneurial practice during the activity.
The main two kitchens of the Institute will be available for the
participants. Before the beginning of the kitchen day, a work station shall be
appointed for each participant.
1. SUBMITTAL INFO
The pop-up restaurant recipe is requested for 50 persons.
Students must present ingredients for the recipes and work instructions in the order of the food preparation.
* Describe where available
GN dimensioning and manufacturing methods for dishes.
· The students need to create a menu (advance) accordingto the ingredients in the offered basket. Apart from the ingredients indicated,the menu must not contain anything else.
o Most people who go to Pop Up restaurants are looking for a food adventure- something new,
unique, and creative.
·The participants are required to abide all the rulesand regulations of the profession, which means, we expect them to show usculinary perfectly healthy and digestive food, to respect the rule of stackingdishes, and above all that the dishes look natural, delicious and harmonious.
- The participants are required to keep their workplace tidy and clean throughout
the kitchen day;
·The participants are required leaving behind clean and tidy station
- All participants must wear appropriate clothingbefore the start of the kitchen day.
- All participants must wear their work clothing in kitchen.
- In the Pop Up restaurant day participants must wear appropriate clothing for customer service purposes
2. WORK PLANNING
· Each team must prepare a Pop Up restaurant idea in advance. They have to:
o open a blog
o make a video (one to three minutes long), where they present themselves and their restaurant idea
o they must choose from the posted list which tablecloths, napkins etc. they
want to use (the list will be sent on 23.3.2018)
· The menu, with the written description (the recipe)
should be delivered two weeks before the event (at the latest) 6.5.2018.
o the recipe for 50 small portions
o see attachment page 4
· The competitors can get acquainted with the place (kitchen),
where they will be preparing the POP-UP menu (on Saturday).
Each team receives a number from the Organizer. The Organizer provides
baskets (boxes) with the team number on them containing identical amount of
products what each team has ordered. Same number will be used in the lottery to
select the KITCHEN in which the teams will prepare the items.
List of products:
· sprout /shoot salad
Besides, Omnia will provide
the participants with:
· a basket with a variety of spices and herbs however thesemust be ordered (according to the
50 small portions should be
prepared as “fast food” / small tapas-style pits
Omnian Ja Kroatian Opiskelijoiden Haastattelu Pop-up Päivänä 19.5.2018
Pepperin ”Pepen” haastattelu 19.5.18
Omnia, Restaurant Viola in Pop Up restaurant day