360 Photo of the event
PREPARATION OF THE MENU
1. THE AIM
The competition aim in the discipline of the menu preparation, in the testing and evaluation of the professional theorical knowledge and the professional skills of the students /participants in the field of gastronomy, considering the issue of carbon footprint.
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
* The student’s competences are tested – Practical skills important for the cook (chef) profession through several modules.
Module 1. Cold side dish ( hors d’oeuvre)
Module 2. Soups
Module 3. Main dish
Module 4. Desserts
· The emphasis of the competition refers to the reported skills, the expertise, creativity, professionalism and to the successful problem solving of food preparation considering impact on carbon foot.
· The student/participant is to write / draw up a menu according to the foodstuffs in the offered basket. The participant must only use the foodstuffs from the offered basket, excluding spice, flavor and similar.
· The dishes from all the 4 modules are prepared for each member of the Jury – served on a plate
· The evaluation is based on a professional approach in the assignments making, the creativity of the dishes, so as the consistency of the dishes on the menu and their taste .
· The participants are required to abide by all the rules and regulations of the profession, which means, we expect from them to show us a culinary perfectly healthy and digestive food, to respect the rule of stacking dishes, and above all that the dishes look natural, delicious and harmonious.
3. WORK PLANNING
· The competitors are allowed to get acquainted with the place (room) , where they will be preparing the menu (on Wednesday).
· The menu, with the made description (the recipe) should be written on the official form prepared by organizers after the competition.
4. PRACTICAL TASK
1. The participant is to present the courses (modules) in the order as described in the menu, which is delivered to the Jury.
2. The participant is responsible for the safety,accurancy and usability of the food and is required to ensure food safety according HACCP.
3. All equipment and utensils are provided by the competition organizer, but the participants can bring their personal set of knives.
4. The participants are to wear their own uniforms.
5. All dishes predicted by the modules must be prepared (cooked) within the allowed period of the working time_ max. working time period :5 hours
6. With the student-waiter —— the partner, the time and the way of serving the courses(modules) of the menu must be coordinated. All the dish ingredients must be edible and at an appropriate temperature when delivered from the kitchen.
7. The persons insured by the organizer—host serve the jury for this discipline.
8. After completing the evaluation, the president of the jury must explain in detail to each participant what are the oversights or lapses being done during the preparation work , and in particular he must emphasize what was good and positive.
The students are briefly required to use the following foodstuffs:
· For the M1 –smoked ham, soft cheese
· For the M2- wild asparagus
· For the M3- beefsteack, arugula, Pag cheese
· For the M4 – apples, cottage cheese, sour cream, honey, almonds, lemon, and strawberry marmelade ecologically made.